Wednesday, February 6, 2013

52 Lists - Snacks . . . and today's heart

 
Some of my favorite snacks . . . it seems like this list should be longer - but this is what I came up with. ( I really miss eating kohlrabi.  I haven't had much luck growing it - and since my dad passed away - I don't get the benefits of his garden when I go home to visit.)  I may have to try planting in my garden again this year.  I probably should have put potstickers on my list more than once . . . can't seem to get enough of those when we make them. 
Not to late to join the 52 list challenge here . . . Meet Me At Mikes
Today's heart is on a tree in our back yard.  A few years ago a rather large branch broke off the tree,  leaving it looking like this.  We thought about taking this tree out - but every time I look at it - I am glad that we didn't.  I guess I can't look at a heart without feeling something positive . . . (sort of why I started posting pictures of the hearts that I see.)  A couple of year ago I was out for a walk - feeling sort of sorry for myself because of something that I was going through at the time and on the sidewalk there was a heart in the concrete . . . not carved or drawn in - it was done on the surface when the concrete was finished.  It was faint - you could barely see it.  In fact I had walked that way before and had never noticed it.  I tend to believe there are signs out there - if we just stop and take the time to notice.  I took that as a sign to stop feeling sorry for myself - and that no matter what happens or how tough things may seem at times - I will get through it . . .
 I've been reading through quotes this morning.  I couldn't decide which one of these I like the best - so you get them both.   
 
 “Having a rough morning? Place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason.
Don't give up."  ~ Unknown
 
"There is always music amongst the trees in the Garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it". ~Minnie Aumonier
 

1 comment:

  1. Your list sounds like a good party shopping list. Awesome heart.

    ReplyDelete