Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Peace, Love, Cranes . . . with Room 12

 Today I visited one of the 4th grade classrooms at the school where I work.  Each year Mrs. Crow's 4th grade students read the book Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes.  Last year she heard about my 1000 paper crane project - Peace, Love, Cranes  and invited me to visit her classroom and show her students how to fold an origami crane.  I was invited back again this year . . . and once again I think 4th graders are amazing. 
Each student folded a paper crane.  Those who knew how or caught on quickly helped the other students.  They truly amazed me and warmed my heart.  I have been a little lax on dropping my paper cranes . . . this motivated me to get moving along with my project. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are able to do this with a class. It has to warm your heart to see the kids be so creatively involved.

    ReplyDelete