Sunday, April 28, 2013

Springtime Charlotte ~

What a wonderful weekend it has been . . . mostly just getting caught up at home, working on dolls, and relaxing. 
This Shabby Charlotte doll is a gift for my granddaughter.  I started making my Shabby Charlotte dolls for that reason - one for her for every holiday.  When I got thinking about an Easter doll - I also thought about May Day - so instead just made her a Springtime Charlotte. 
Lately - my favorite dolls have been the zombie dolls that I have made . . . don't know why - just seem to like those best - but I like this one a lot.  I think it is the spring colors and her crooked little smile . . . and maybe the fact that it is a gift for my little Charlotte.
Springtime Charlotte ~
Springtime Charlotte is always happy – but even more so when it is Spring.   As soon as the weather starts to change you may catch her humming a little tune and if you look really close – you may notice her smile gets a little bigger.  She likes to pick flowers, work in the garden, and play with sidewalk chalk.  She even carries a little piece of chalk in her bag in case she wants to draw something while she is outside.  She likes ladybugs, butterflies, and believes in fairies.   Springtime Charlotte is a free spirit – she is just as happy sitting alone under a tree as she is being with her friends.

1 comment:

  1. Your dolls are so wonderful and I love that you have a little story for each one.

    ReplyDelete