Thursday, April 4, 2013

Random Stuff . . .

Richard surprised me with this little Lucky Cat when we were out shopping one day.
PINK!
Just snapped some pictures in my craft room today . . . nothing special - just stuff . . . that I like, that I'm sentimental about, that I use, just things that are ME.  Organized chaos might be a good description of this room . . . but it is my chaos and I know where everything is.  I tend to just hang or set something somewhere - and there it stays.  It tends to be a room that gets messy . . . but when I am busy making a doll or something - it doesn't seem to matter. 
My last post was about Jake's Coach shoes.  I'm not much into things like Coach shoes or designer names . . . I was more excited about the box.  LOL . . . I have a thing for boxes and this one I liked.  It is now the perfect box for holding photos.
Every craft room needs a wine fridge . . . right?
I couldn't throw this wine bottle out .  The wine wasn't very good - but liked the label . . . PINK even.
I was going to have Richard drill a hole in the bottom of it for me - and put a string of lights in it - but instead he bought me a candle holder for the top of it.  (I think I remember a bitch from 2008.)
I have to fix this little doll that my mom dressed in a little Czech outfit.  My mom made wonderful doll clothes.  She used to pick up old dolls here and there and make new clothes for them.  This one is one of my favorites . . . but her head is actually broken and I need to figure out the best way to fix her.  I really don't think gluing her head on is the best answer.
Lily wasn't home for Easter . . . so we gave her her Easter gift late.  She loves to work with Papa in the garage . . . so we took one of the boxes that Richard makes and turned it into a tool box for her.  I was hoping for a quick easy coat of paint - but the spray paint leaked and dripped . . . I finally handed it over to Luke and he used three different colors of paint . . . roughed it up a bit and it turned out cute.  Now she has her own hammer, level, and measuring tape - PINK even.  She's coming over this weekend to work with Papa.
A little heart from Richard while at our favorite pizza place last night.  Let's see . .. does this mean he loves me or the beer?  It came with a smile and a wink - I will take it as he loves me.

I have been somewhat anxious this week . . . waiting for Monday to get here so I can get the results of my PET scan.  I know worrying doesn't help - I've had a couple bad days . . . being busy at work has helped.  Richard and the kids have helped the most.  Really when it comes down to it - no matter what the results come back as . . . it is all about the people I love and the life I choose to live from here on.  I choose happiness, I choose my marriage and my family, I choose my wonderful friends who have gotten me through the best and worst of times . . . I choose to do more of the things I like to do and less of the things that are not really that important.  I choose kindness . . . I choose to be passionate about things that matter to me . . . I choose to try to be the person God intended me to be.
I went through a period of time where my life was not what I expected it to be . . . I came through it stronger and more sure of what I wanted than ever before.  I will be me . . . I will not waste time worrying about people and things I can't control . . . and I will not put up with bullshit. 
LOL . . . Enough said for tonight.  Here's to a great tomorrow . . . and it's Friday!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Catching up today - been thinking about you. Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Loving the tool box - and the pink tools! I should send you a picture of my "box tower" - I can't seem to pass up a good box....ever. (Got them under my desk at work too!) I am still trying to get things organized in my "craft room" - sorting and purging and organizing takes so much time.

    ReplyDelete