Sunday, November 23, 2008

Banana Cream Pie

I really do love to bake - and it is one of the things I wish I had more time for. Although I also love to eat homemade baked goods - so maybe it is a good thing I don't have more time.
If I had to name a favorite dessert - it would have to be pie. Cream pies especially. Richard asked me to make a pie for him to take to work - and I have gotten in the habit of baking two instead of one. This comes from Jake commenting that I make things for work - but not for home. Plus - I wanted some banana cream pie myself.
Stirring and stirring. . . . . . .
The meringue could have been better on these - but they tasted great. I have better luck with the meringue if I only do one pie at a time. It was late - I was tired - so I hurried and doubled the meringue recipe. I will not do this next time. Especially when I make a butterscotch cream for Thanksgiving. (My absolute favorite!)
I usually go overboard on pies for Thanksgiving - trying to make every one's favorite. This year I am going to make Dutch Apple, Banana Cream, Butterscotch, and Pumpkin - possibly a raisin pie for Richard. Looking at this picture is making me hungry - I may have to bake a pie tonight for dessert - I think I will go for butterscotch.

2 comments:

  1. They look absolutley yummy!!!! I don't think I could even attempt to make a pie like those. You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just imagine if we were together on our time off....how fun would that be:)

    ReplyDelete