Saturday, November 15, 2008

At Breakfast

Richard and I had a chance to go out for breakfast this past week - something we never do. This was a good morning - so we probably should take some time to do simple things like this together more often. We are not good about doing things as a couple - I don't think we ever have been. I just never really noticed it. I have been looking at him from across the table for over 27 years. Most of that time things have been good - but we have also had some pretty tough times. Along time ago - I believe in "Happily Ever After". . . I can't really say I believe in that still - but I do believe after all these years - there is something holding us together - even through the tough times.
"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years. That is what makes a marriage last." ~ Simone Signoret

No comments:

Post a Comment