Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I am Thankful for. . . My Faith (it truly gets me through this thing called life) - My family, friends, and friends that are truly family - Having the incredible experience of being a parent (through the good and the bad - My sons are amazing to me.) - My job (I can honestly say that I like my job) - My parents and the foundation they gave me - Living in a country that even with some incredible problems, still is a damn good place to live - Lily and all the joy she brings as a new baby to the people who love her - My Grandmother, my Mom, Aunt Sue, Aunt Hess, and my cousin Amy (these amazing women I am connected to) - My life experiences and all that they have taught me (I hope that after nearly 50 years of living that I have learned something.)

I tend to get very serious whenever I reflect on something like this. I can be so silly at times - but I am overall a very serious person. I probably think too much and too deep about things. I know I worry too much (I have really worked on that.) I know that life can change is an instant and that each day is a gift. I know how important it is to be compassionate - to laugh - to cry - to tell the people you love that you love them - to FORGIVE - to say you are sorry - to act silly sometimes - to take time for yourself - to pray - to be positive - to never give up hope - to be honest - to be the best "you" that you can be - and to trust in GOD. That is some of what gets me through.
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. WOW-you are an amazing person to be able to reflect on your life like that. We are very blessed, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete