Sunday, November 16, 2008

Enjoyed my Weekend

I love these little chairs made out of the top of champagne bottles - no matter how many times I see them. Luke will make them for me whenever we have champagne. I have had a few tops sitting around here for awhile - and he picked one up today and made a chair - they are so cute! I will have to remember to hang some on my Christmas tree this year.
"There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne." ~ Bette Davis in Old Acquaintance
I had not planned on doing this - but started messing around with some scraps of yarn last night. I am going to keep adding onto it until I have a piece big enough to make a bag. So fun to work with - and really no rules - I've just been making it up as I go. Also a great way to use up some old yarn.
I also used up my scrap yarn by making a beanie For Luke. I was done with it, but had to weave in all the strings on the inside. It is a pain doing that - but I like how they turn out. I finally just sat and finished weaving in all the tails last night - so it was over and done with.
And then of course I made him take a picture with it on - whether he wanted to or not.
One more project finished this weekend - Luke wanted this plain black beanie with ear flaps - after seeing the one that I made for Mikey.

"If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love." ~ Maya Angelou

Over all it was a nice relaxing weekend. Luke, Jake, Kasey, and I stayed up to nearly 3:00 last night. I was crocheting - they were cutting out pictues from magazines and making collages. I reminded me of when they were young and we used to stay up late. Luke decided he was hungry and made up the best sandwiches around 1:30 - using chicken tenders, green peppers, onions, and jalepenos. After cooking that he melted cheese on top and served it on sourdough bread. I wish I had taken of picture of those - they were delicous!

1 comment:

  1. I want to cry after reading this. I wish I was there with you guys. Tell Luke I want him to make me a little chair. I will send the champagne :)

    ReplyDelete