Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Day to Crochet

I spent part of today finishing up a project that I had started awhile back. I hate when I put a project down for whatever reason and then don't get back to it for awhile - then I think I avoid doing it because I have to sit down and remember what I was doing and where I was at. I try not to do this - but it does happen. Too many hobbies and ideas - and not enough time. It seems like that is always the case with me. So I love having an extra day off. I can't wait until the week of Thanksgiving - We get the whole week off!!!!! These pictures are not very good - since it is late at night. This wasn't a hard project and it was easy enough to figure out where I left off. It is a scarf that I started last winter for Kasey.

I think I started it toward the end of winter - and didn't pick it up to finish it before the weather warmed up. Now that it is cooler again - and I notice Kasey wearing the jacket that I made it to match - I thought I better get it out and finish it. I only had a few flowers to crochet and then pulling in all the lose ends. I would have gone much faster had I not worked on it while I was watching "Dancing With the Stars".

A kid's hat that I also finished this afternoon - also not a very good picture. Just a quick and easy beanie. I love crocheting flowers. I like this flower - you crochet the first round of petals in the front stitch of the previous round and the second larger round of petals in the back stitch of the same round. This is probably to big for Lily right now - but maybe in a few months it will fit her.

No comments:

Post a Comment