Saturday, May 11, 2013

Angela

This is Angela - one of the four dolls I made for my friend this week.  This one is for her mother-in-law.

Angela
Angela is a caring little doll.  Her favorite color is pink and she likes pink flamingos.  She is friendly and always willing to lend a hand when people need help.  She carries a quote by Mother Teresa in her bag which reads - "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."  She likes to stay busy – mostly helping others . . . so she also carries a little bell in her bag to remind her when she hears it ring to stop and take some time for herself. 
Busy day ahead . . . my craft room and house are a mess - since I spent my week making dolls instead of cleaning.  That's really how I prefer to spend my time - but then the house gets out of control.  I saw this a few weeks ago . . . it says it exactly.
I would say I probably have more of the messy days . . . once I get going with something the house can fall down around me . . . while I am tearing things up to find just what I need.  The other night when I was finishing up the  Disney doll I was working on - I knew that somewhere I had an old Disneyland ticket - I was not going to rest until I found that ticket (let alone make dinner or clean something.  I guess the good thing is that in between my creative messes - I am quite organized.   The kids have made comments to me as they have gotten older - that I do my best stuff when I am working in my self made mess.   So here's to a messy house - and hopefully today a clean house . . . or maybe . . . "life is short - let's go for a ride in the country."

No comments:

Post a Comment