Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Color and memories . . . and little girls

More color to inspire . . . I love fabric stores with all the colors and textures.  I'm sure that is partly because of all the time I spent in them as a child with my mom and my aunts. 
I remember being excited when I was old enough to pick out the fabric that I wanted for the clothes that my mom sewed for me. 
I also remember being tired and groaning to myself after a day of shopping - when we had to go into one more fabric store . . . and my mom and my aunts would take what seemed liked forever to make their purchases.  I can just hear their voices talking over whatever project they were working on.  It makes me miss them now - and wish I lived close enough to take them all shopping. 
I remember visiting them as an adult . . . they were probably all in their late sixties - and we spent the day shopping.  It had been a long day and I was tired, and we had to stop at one more fabric store . . .
My mom and her sisters are amazing women with amazing energy!
Thanks to them I can walk through a fabric store and simply enjoy the color.
Thanks to them I am who I am . . . their values,
their love for their families, their love for each other, their creativity and their strength . . . and their love for me.  I can only hope I can pass on to my children and grandchildren what they passed on to me. 
Wow . . . all that from looking at fabric.  : )
And my little ladies . . .
 Lily (waiting for her piggy back ride) - with gloves and sandals???   That is our weather these days.
Charlotte in her Beatles t-shirt . . .
That face makes me think she's not quite so sure she likes The Beatles . . .  or maybe she's not quite sure about what Grandpa is telling her.  : )
One more picture . . . I'm a Grandma - I can't help myself.  This picture of Charlotte just makes me smile!
SMILE and have a GREAT day! 

1 comment:

  1. The colors in the fabric store make you feel like your at a party, they're so festive. I love walking into quilt shops where they have all the fabrics in color sections like our pictures. Your little ladies are so sweet - made me smile.

    ReplyDelete