Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday Games . . .

Richard and I started the day off playing tennis.  I think we were both a little beat up for some reason . . . but it is always good to go out and run.  It was a beautiful day to play!  I am hoping we can get out again tomorrow since we have the day off . . . or maybe go for a bike ride. 
Jake and Kasey came over early so I could make Jake some new bean bags for his corn hole yard game.  I sewed them up - he filled them . . .
 . . . and eight bean bags (although they are actually filled with feed corn) - to play Corn Hole.
Jake and Brent built the corn hole toss game a couple of weeks ago.  Jake had a Cleveland Indians set that Kasey had given him, but they had wore it out . . . it wasn't built all that sturdy to begin with.
They did a wonderful job.  I especially like the stripes that Jake painted on the boards.  We had a great time with the game today.  The boards fold up so they can be carried and stored easily.  Great day with family . . . it doesn't get any better than that! 

2 comments:

  1. What a busy day!
    I'm sure I remember something like the corn hole toss from when I was a kid (it was along time ago!) but it was called something different (I grew up in England)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the striping on those game boards. The red, white and blue is so festive.

    ReplyDelete