Wednesday, March 2, 2016

spring magic . . .

"People from a planet without flowers 
would think we must be mad with joy 
the whole time to have such things about us."  
~ Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat









"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.
And when you've got it, you want . . . 
oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want,
but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
~ Mark Twain

Do I ever have spring fever!  I try to get a few miles walking and running in during my lunch break . . . and today I just wanted to keep going.
  I probably posted the same thing last year
 . . . but Spring never fails to work it's magic.  
Oh, I do believe in magic . . . and I do believe there must be a fairy of some sort in this last picture - sitting in that tree soaking up the sunshine.  
At least I like to think there is . . . life is just way more fun when you believe in MAGIC!


4 comments:

  1. Pink and purple-petaled paths are very magical. Oh, how I'm coveting your spring. But it gives me hope that ours will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your spring will be there soon also . . . Spring is even more glorious and appreciated after a "real" winter.

      Delete
    2. I hope your spring will be there soon also . . . Spring is even more glorious and appreciated after a "real" winter.

      Delete
  2. Oh my - I LOVE all those flowers and blossoms. We had a mild winter when many plants were deceived into early growth, and now the cold snap has set them all back. But even the magnolias hadn't actually got as far as beyond budding, just as well or they'd be frost-bitten. How lovely to see yours (the top pink ones are magnolias, I think??). It's the snapdragons and alyssum I can't get over - we wouldn't have them here till June at the earliest.

    ReplyDelete