Friday, March 18, 2016

St. Patrick's Day dinner . . . .

 It is a tradition in our house to have corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day.  It probably is my favorite meal . . . I really should make it more often.  I was actually going to make it for Christmas this past year, but for some reason decided on something else.  
So we celebrated St. Patrick's Day . . . 
. . . corned beef & cabbage, carrots, mashed potatoes, horseradish sauce, and homemade soda bread
. . . and even some footprints and gold candy left behind by a leprechaun for Charlotte.  



May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

2 comments:

  1. It looks as if you celebrated more than we did!! I bet corned beef is good with horseradish, I've never tried that. I usually make parsley sauce or Cumberland...That bread looks pretty delicious!! And I bet Charlotte loved those wonderful little green prints (and the candy!). I like your glittery tealight holder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I missed my friend's soda bread this year. She retired last summer. It was always such a treat as is yours I bet. I can imagine Charlotte had fun searching for the leprechaun and finding that pot of gold!

    ReplyDelete