Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cheer Up!

For some reason I seem to be in sort of a sullen mood this morning - and I hate that. Maybe because our five days of sunshine were interrupted by some rain - but I love rainy days so that can't be it. Maybe because I played too much yesterday and the laundry and dirty dishes are reminding me today that they still need to be done and that tomorrow morning is Monday morning - and back to work. But I don't think that is it either. Who knows - but I have to get myself out of this mood - I don't want to waste a day feeling like this.
Richard is glued to the TV watching the Australian Open - so unless I don a cute tennis outfit, grab a racquet, and jump around the living room - I am on my own. (Although that just may be the answer.) I could clean like a mad woman - I always feel better when the house is in order - but I am leaning toward "no" on that idea. I could get out all of my favorite movies or curl up with a book and make today a "do nothing" day - but that doesn't sound right either. Besides the book I am reading is so serious - I don't think it would help at all with cheering me up.
I am thinking Valentine decorations - what could be happier than pink and red hearts and cupids shooting arrow fill with happiness. I have also been wanting to sew up some stuffed hearts - so I am hoping that and a second cup of coffee will do the trick.
If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

No comments:

Post a Comment