Sunday, January 18, 2009

Enjoy today!

Is it just me or does January seem to be flying by? I have always been a little guilty of wishing my time away - wishing it were the Friday . . . wishing Summer would hurry up and get here . . . Years ago, my mom told me to be careful about wishing my time away just because I was looking forward to something in the future. When I think about it, she was probably close to the same age that I am now. (I really did listen back then - but now that I am older I really understand how important that advice was.) So as the rest of this month seems to fly by - I will make the most of each and every day. I will look for something good in every day (Although I still may cuss about the cold weather.)
And how time does fly . . .
I love these pictures. (I almost referred to them as "old pictures" - oops!) I believe I was about 3 years old when this picture was taken - and I am thinking Richard was probably around 9 or 10. Whenever I look at these pictures - it makes me stop and think that we never really know what our future holds. We grew up 2000 miles away from each other - (myself in Iowa - Richard in California.) When these pictures were taken - who could have even guessed that we would someday meet, get married, raise a family, and spend a lifetime together. Make the most of each and every day!

"Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back." ~ Harvey MacKay

No comments:

Post a Comment