Monday, January 12, 2009

Shabby - but Sweet

I have had some more of these little shabby dolls cut out ever since I made a few for Halloween. There is something about them that I just like - and I have been wanting to finish them. So here is my shabby little Valentine doll - maybe a little tattered, sad and broken hearted, but she has her heart. I have another one to dress and put the hair on and a couple more to stuff. I also want to try some different bodies and hair - I know they are little weird dolls - but they are meant to be happy little dolls.
"A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works." ~T.E. Kalem

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I want to learn how to sew!! I have been checking out flights to come see you. When is you spring break. I am just looking so don't get too xcited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless her heart. She looks like she could use a bunch of hugs.

    ReplyDelete