Saturday, January 31, 2009

What's in a Name?


I have been told by some much younger friends of mine that I should come up with a different name for my blog. I had originally titled it "Twisted Sister" - something my brothers called me - then decided just to put my name on the thing when that didn't really seem to fit. So do I dare change the title again? - of course - it is my blog and I can do whatever I want - right?
When I first met my husband - he and his friends started calling me Planet - after a song by the B52's - "Planet Claire". It stuck and I have been called Planet ever since then. My favorite is "Aunt Planet" - and someday hopefully I will be "Grandma Planet" - So Planet Clare seemed like the obvious choice - but that never really seemed like what I wanted either. I finally came up with "Life on this Planet." Let me try that out for awhile and see if I like it.
This is very typical of me to jump into something - then mess around with it and make changes until it is exactly the way I want.

"Nicknames stick to people, and the most ridiculous are the most adhesive." ~Thomas C. Haliburton

No comments:

Post a Comment