Saturday, July 19, 2014

1983 . . .















I am loving all the mail art that I see on Pinterest . . . and it reminds me of the letters that Richard and I would send each other years ago when he was in the Navy.  I've been wanting to get them out and look at them again.  They made me smile then and make me smile now.  Those were some long separations for us - before Internet and cell phones.  We talked on the phone some - but those bills would add up pretty quickly.  So mail it was . . . I think we wrote each other nearly every day.  I would go a week without getting a letter, and then one day the mail box would be full.  We seemed to have had a "Planet" theme going - obviously . . .
I may have to sit and read some of these letters while I'm at it.  We never seemed to run out of things to write about . . . and many of the letters we sent were three or more pages long . . . Just talking about Luke (who was a baby), and what we did each day, and how much we missed each other.  I think it would be much easier to go through those separations now with today's technology, but I love the time and love we put into writing to each other . . . and I love having my special box of letters from back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment