Wednesday, July 23, 2014

yesterday . . . simply a good day!

 













I like trying new beers . . . and even better when the beer is actually served in a glass that advertises the beer and brewery that I am drinking.  Now this is a unique beer glass!  That little glass pig on the bottom is great!
Yesterday, I had an appointment with my oncologist regarding some enlarged lymph nodes and a scan that I had done.  Everything came back fine, which is always a relief.  Even though I feel fine . . . having had melanoma - when my doctor is concerned about something - I tend to worry.  It seems like there have been too my doctor appointments lately . . . and they always lead to another appointment or another scan.  I have to say I am sort of tired of the whole thing.  
 On a much lighter note, I found my Ipod.  I love to walk no matter what, but what a difference the music makes.  I just kept walking and running . . . and put in 5 miles.  I was going to go another mile or two, but did not have water with me and didn't think it was such a good idea in the heat.  
(Today . . . I will take water.)  
Richard had to work late last night . . . so I went in with him and spent some time roaming around the library where he works.  I love being there when the building in nearly empty of people.  I took the time to put some of my cranes out.  I reached the 500 mark - half way through my 1000 paper crane project.  Richard was glad to get done when he did . . . I was hoping we would be there until after dark.  He promised to take me back late one night . . . for some reason that sounds like fun.
I haven't read anything by Stephen King in years.  When I was young - I think I read everything he wrote.  Luke has been telling me to read Duma Key ever since he finished it.  It has grabbed my interest.  Who knows . . . I may find a renewed interest in reading Stephen King.
Walking, good news from the doctor, reading, paper cranes, wandering around the library, and a cold beer in a fun glass - I would consider yesterday a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment