Sunday, July 6, 2014

fun mail challenge . . .







I got a lot done this weekend . . . and also a lot of nothing done.  Thinking about that - it means it was a good weekend.  This last photo is part of a new challenge I decided to do.  I was remembering how fun it used to be to get letters in the mail.  After I moved away from my hometown it was always great to get a letter from home.  When we were first married and Richard was in the Navy - we wrote to each other all the time . . . even decorating the envelopes (which reminds me of all the mail art I have been enjoying on Pinterest).  I also feel bad that I do not send more letters to the people in my family who do not spend a lot of time on the Internet.  I don't even write my mom as often as I used to because it is so easy just to pick up my cell phone and call her instead.  I know she would love to get letters from me more often.  So I am challenging myself to mail something to someone every day for a year . . . 365 letters . . . or possibly postcards.  A month just didn't seem long enough.  It doesn't have to be 365 different people . . . just that I am going to mail something to someone everyday for a year.  Let's see if I can do that . . .
My first letter is to my Aunt Sue . . . she has been on my mind a lot lately. 

“I've always felt there is something sacred in a piece of paper that travels the earth from hand to hand, head to head, heart to heart.” 
― Robert Michael PyleSky Time in Gray's River: Living for Keeps in a Forgotten Place

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun weekend. And productive. Sounds like a great challenge - good luck!

    ReplyDelete