Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Lita & Christmas Charlotte

 
I finished up a couple of Shabby Charlotte dolls for gifts yesterday . . . They were fun to make since they were for the two special little girls in my life.  I made Lily's with ladybugs of course . . .
Her bag is full of little leaf buttons.  Each doll that I make has a story or bio that goes with it.  This is Lita's story. 
Lita is a smart little doll with a wonderful imagination.  (Her name means – the little winged one.)  She believes in fairies and loves lady bugs.  She is always on the lookout for them – because they bring her good luck.  She even carries a bunch of leaves in her bag because she heard that fairies and lady bugs like to hide in them. 
This one is Christmas Charlotte.  (the dolls that I am making for my granddaughter Charlotte will all be named after her.  Next comes Valentine Charlotte.)  I had a small scrap to this old fabric that I wanted to use.  I asked my mom - but she could not remember for sure, but I seem to remember a Christmas apron made out of this fabric when i was a little girl.  I don't know if it belonged to my mom or my grandma . . . I just know that this little scrap of fabric has been flying around for quite a few years.
Here's a close up of Christmas Charlotte and her little story.
 Christmas Charlotte is a sweet little doll that doesn’t even realize how cute she is. She makes everyone around her smile. She loves to look at Christmas lights and believes in angels. She even wears a bell around her neck because she knows . . . “that every time a bell rings, an angel gets it’s wings.”
Chtistmas Charlotte has the prettiest little eyelet slip to wear . . . 
I am hoping to use some of my vacation to get some dolls and hopefully some other items in my  Etsy shop..  I have a lot of ideas in my head anyway.  I started a doll this morning . . . that I hope to get finished tonight.  The idea for her has been floating around in my head for awhile.  This picture of my Christmas elf was taken last night . . . I imagine him being a little sad now that Christmas if over . . . just maybe he won't go back into the box this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment