Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What's in a box . . .

I love old boxes . . . actually I like cute boxes even if they are new, but I have a real thing for vintage ones.  So yes - I keep them and gleam them up whenever I find them.  I think this little NOEL box is as cute at the angel figurines that came in it. 
My mother had some Christmas decorations stored in this old greeting card box.  She probably started using it years ago to pack stuff away after Christmas because she thought it was cute . . . (hmmm . . . I wonder who I get it from).  
I wish I had the old Whitman candy boxes that my Grandma used to keep her embroidery floss in. I used to love getting them out from the bottom of her cupboard and looking at all the different colors of floss . . . (hmmm . . . I wonder where mom got it from.)
I found this box at a yard sale in Iowa a few years ago.  It had a few old glass ornaments inside.  It was only 25 cents - ornaments included. 
All of my pink tree ornaments are stored in these Victoria's Secret boxes.  It makes me wonder . . . 40-50 years from now if they will still be around.  Will someone see the beauty in something as simple as a box and use them for something special?  Will this little Christmas Elf find a home in one of these boxes until someone takes him out each December?  Will one of my grandchildren remember me when they take out these boxes every year and like the boxes as much as the ornaments and decorations that are inside?  I am hoping they do.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say that all the boxes in my, what my family calls "box tower", were as pretty or sentimental as these. What wonderful memories go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all of mine are pretty - or really organized. LOL . . . my husband calls me a box lady. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete