Saturday, August 3, 2013

Embroidery and Lace

Still more keepsakes from mom.  This sampler I embroidered years ago.  It was actually a gift for my ex mother-in-law.  She ended up giving it back to my mom years later thinking that I might like to have it.

I embroidered this for my grandma . . . I can't remember when.  My mom had it after that - she thought since I was now a grandma she should pass it back to me. 
I mentioned in an earlier post that my grandma taught me how to embroidery when I was young.  This was the first thing I ever stitched.  You can see where Gramma drew lines to help keep my stitches straight.   I don't remember how old I was, just that I stitched it to earn a Girl Scout badge . . . and how patient she was teaching me.
Some vintage embroidery transfers . . .
. . . and pieces of wonderful old lace and eyelet that I can use for my dolls. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are certainly wonderful treasures. That was thoughtful of your ex-MIL to return that. I used to love to needlework in the summer when we were kids. I remember giving away several pieces that I had done and recently found a few framed items in crewel that unfortunately got moth eaten.

    ReplyDelete