Sunday, August 4, 2013

Gramma's Crochet

 
My grandma could crochet a doily in no time at all.  This table cloth must have taken her some time.  It is amazing when you think of all the work that went into it . . . and it is beautiful.
Something a little more simple that she made.  I love having the things that she made.  I wish I had a picture of her hands with her crochet needle.
I found this lone hydrangea sort of hiding on the back side of the plant.  I can't remember if it was originally blue or pink but it has turned to the most beautiful shade of green and I am hoping now that it will dry nice.  I have the perfect spot in my back yard that I am going to fill with hydrangeas this next year.  They are one of my favorites . . . just think I need more of them.

1 comment:

  1. My godmother told me a while ago that my grandmother used to make doilies and give them away. Wish I had even one of them. I always feel so sad when I see handcrocheted items like these at rummage sales going for pennies because I know how much time went into their creation. You are lucky to have them.

    ReplyDelete