Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Yes . . . even more stuff

Some of my grandma's old sheet music.  I used to love to sit next to her on the piano bench when she played.  I think I have taken for granted what a talented woman my grandma was. 
I remember her playing these two the most. 
I really need to look into getting a piano.  I like to play and would probably play all the time if I had a piano in the house. 
Some more vintage embroidery patterns.  I like embroidered dish towels . . . I have a couple that my grandma made and a set the Richard's grandma made.  It used to be something everyone seemed to have, but not something people spend time on now - unless they like that kind of thing.   I may have to make a set - just because.  I have these bird transfers and I think I also have some Raggedy Ann transfers somewhere.  There I go again . . . more projects I want to start . . . and still the same number of hours in a day.  :)
There are quite a few separate transfers as well . . . odds and end stuff that mom must have used on different things. 
I'm not sure why she had this set of astrology signs.  Maybe she picked them up at a yard sale or something . . . sort of cute.
I had to laugh when Mom pulled this out.  I am not sure why she kept this pattern.  She made me this when I was in high school.  The jumpsuit was a light turquoise and the jacket was a very pretty flowered print . . . it seems like it was sort of a Japanese looking print.  Flashback to the 70's.  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Those old patterns bring back memories. I never did look like the drawing on the front of any of them! One could dream though! Hope you find a piano soon.

    ReplyDelete