Thursday, August 1, 2013

pom pom maker

I had seen this thing in my mom's sewing stuff for years.  I never knew what it was . . . and I guess was never curious enough to ask. 
Pom Pom maker . . .

You place yarn in the slots according to how big or small you want to make the poms.
After wrapping the yarn around the two pegs on each end . . . you then bring up and tie the yarn place in the slots around this yarn.  I should have taken another photo of that . . . . It is this bunch of tied at even lengths.  You then cut the yarn in between where you have tied the yarn around . . . and trim up the pom poms so they are even. 
Where you place the yarn in the slots determines the size of the pom poms . . . and you can make more than one at a time.  This is another items that my mom has had for ages.  She used this to make a pom pom rug before she was married . . . that was over 60 years ago.  I think Richard could probably make one of these.

2 comments:

  1. I have several pom pom makers and have even made a couple out of margarine tub lids, but I have never seen one like this that could make multiple pom poms! What a time saver!!! And another great treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 1000 times! My mom & grandmother had these when I was small (I'm 61 now). I remember hours of making poms while they constructed the most wonderful animal and outdoor scene rugs. Lost ours years ago & had been searching for a picture. Many thanks! Dee

    ReplyDelete