Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mom's doll

This was my mom's doll when she was a little girl.  I have always thought it was so special - especially since mom has always liked dolls.  I am now wondering if there is a picture of her with the doll . . . I will have to ask her about that.  I also just thought that I am going to have to ask her if she remember is she had a name for the doll.  I believe my grandma made the doll clothes. 
For some reason I have always liked the shoes. 
I do not remember ever seeing this doll dress before - I am guessing it was also made for this doll.  The fabric is so fine and delicate that I don't even want to iron it. 
She didn't go in my suitcase . . . I put her in my carry on.  She is so fragile.  She actually in need of some repair.  Her head needs to be reattached . . . which probably looked a little weird when they ran my carry on through at the airport.  Right now I have her setting on the bed in my craft room . . . I actually just set her there to take these photos.  Richard saw here sitting there and asked me if I was really going to leave her out.  Everyone, myself included agree that she is more than a little spooky looking. (Even spookier when her head isn't attached).  So if we wake up in the morning and she has moved . . . well, then she may not stay.  LOL 
I think we have watched too many scary movies. 

1 comment:

  1. There used to be a doll hospital in the town where I grew up. It was a cottage business run by a mother of one of my uncle's high school girlfriend's. Rather a novel idea for the time. You're right about the spookiness. Reminds me of an Outer Limits episode I think.

    ReplyDelete