Sunday, July 28, 2013

Home Again

My flight home on Friday was good . . . it just took a little longer than expected.  We were boarded and in line to take off when they announced that something was wrong with the plane and we headed back to the gate.  They then determined that whatever it was could not be fixed so we got off the plane and were told to go to a different gate.  That plane and recently landed . . . we waited for the passengers to get off and for the plane to be cleaned . . . and . . . the captain announced that the AC was not working and we would not be boarding that plane.  We were then told to go to another gate.  We waited for the next plane to land, for the passengers to get off, and for the plane to be cleaned.  We finally took off at 12:45 AM instead of the original time of 8:55 PM.  I landed around 1:45 in the morning.  I can only say I was happy to get off the first plane and wait as long as necessary -  if everything wasn't working as it should be.  I was even happier to get home.  I think by the time Richard and I ate and talked . . . we finally went to bed around 4:00 in the morning.
So yesterday was not a day to work and get things done.  We decided to go out for awhile instead.  There was a grand opening that Richard had been talking about.  I honestly can't even remember the name of the place . . . just that they were supposed to have a great selection of craft beers. 
I tried the Cool Beanz Coffee Porter . . . Richard went for the Lagunitas Lucky 13.  Both were pretty good.
We walked around . . .
 . . . took some pictures . . . ordered some Chinese food to take home.
He says that he is happy to have me home . . . I am happy to be home. 
Now to enjoy and make the best of the summer we have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment