Thursday, July 11, 2013

Summer Color

I'm finally getting red tomatoes - more than one at a time.  It looks like we will be eating ripe, delicious tomatoes every meal . . .
 . . . and the hot peppers are starting to turn red.  I believe these are Fresno Chili's.  Two of my pepper plants did not make it - I'm not sure why.  I was hoping to make some pepper jelly, but probably won't have enough peppers this year. 
Still no full blooms - but the plants keep growing taller. 
This one isn't quite as tall - but should see a sunflower tomorrow or the next day.  I really enjoy watching them from one day to the next.  I am looking forward to the happy sunshine yellow!
I dug out the St. Louis Cardinal place mats that I made a few years ago.  After the 4th of July . . . the patio seemed a little quite.  I needed some summer color on the table.   
I guess these colors shout summer.  I thought the mirror I spray painted would be great for people to use after getting out of the pool.  I like the lime green next to the purple ladder that holds pool towels.  I have a great idea for a post to hang wet towels on . . . with some colorful signs on it.  I am going to have to get Richard working on that.
Every season has it's colors . . . Summer colors are so much fun and seem to energize me for some reason. 

No comments:

Post a Comment