Sunday, July 28, 2013

Emma B.

I haven't posted in awhile.  I have been out of state visiting family.  I was able to spend nearly two weeks with my Mom and had a wonderful time.  My Internet was somewhat limited . . . which I don't like, but was probably a good thing. 

This doll is a gift for a friend. 
 
Emma B. is a fun loving little doll.  She is a little quiet until you get to know her – but once she feels comfortable with you – the fun begins.  She likes to go shopping and sometimes like some quiet time to herself just to read and relax.  She keeps a bookmark in her bag in case she starts a new book and also carries a lucky penny and a lucky button . . . because she knows a little good luck never hurts.  She also has a special origami crane.  It is a gift from an old friend to remind her that although she doesn’t tell her often enough . . . she is very special and loved very much!
I brought back all kinds of fun stuff that my Mom gave me . . . some things my grandmother made, my mom's old doll (it needs some repair - so I hope to get that done), some dishes, and other little random things that my mom gave me.  I am hoping to get some pictures taken this week and post about some of the stuff.  I always come back from visiting with the oddest collection of stuff in my suitcases.  I am almost finished with another Shabby Charlotte doll.  She is a little tennis doll named Nettie.  I am working on her tennis bag and her story. 
I just got caught up on my paper crane project - Peace, Love, Cranes  Traveling out of state gave me a chance to put some cranes someplace other than where I live.


My sunflowers grew like crazy while I was gone.  Some of them grew taller than eaves.  I just can't get enough of these beautiful flowers.
Glad to be back home!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you're back and had such a good time. Wonderful that you are able to catch up on your projects. Looking forward to seeing the treasures you brought back.

    ReplyDelete