Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Old and New . . .

Mom and I found these old notions in a box of stuff that she had.  There is something about old sewing notions that I like.  I am sure it has to do with growing up around women who were always sewing and creating.  I have been flooded with memories of that lately . . . and enjoying those memories along with the items that my mom gave me.
I especially like this little darning silk box. 

A new journal I found in Missouri.  It is actually sort of a travel journal and although we don't really travel that often - we do get away enough that I can fill it up with photos and memories.  We are planning a trip to the coast this weekend or next - so that will be a good time to start.
The pages are all so cute!
I also found these on clearance . . . I have been wanting to patch up an old pair of jeans and thought the peace sign would work great.  The charm I will use on a doll.  As for the skeleton - who the hell knows . . .
I have mentioned before that I have way to many hobbies and not enough time.  I find myself buying things like this - but it may be ages before I use it . . . either for scrapbooking or I thought I could use the little tennis balls for my Shabby Charlotte tennis doll - (which I should be working on instead of sitting at the computer). 

1 comment:

  1. I love the old packaging graphics. Many people collect them now I'm told.

    ReplyDelete