Saturday, July 6, 2013

Saturday Stuff . . .

A little more Red, White, & Blue! 
I was looking for a bag that I wanted to use today and found this one that my mom made me a few years ago.  It is made out of a pair of jeans that I wore when I was probably 17 years old.  I had forgotten that I had it. 
I am a little surprised that my mom kept the jeans as long as she did.  I loved those jeans.  She patched them so often . . . until I think one day she said they were simply just wore out.  I think I embroidered the flowers on the front.  I will have to tell her that I found it - she will laugh.
I had hoped to make today a little more productive than it was, but I did get a few doll bodies sewn and this old frame spray painted.  It was a junky old frame painted hunter green . . . now it looks fun and made for summer.  I have a spot outside near where I hang our pool towels that I think would be a good place for it. I just bought some spray paint . . . this lime green, pink, turquoise, and gold.  I am going to have to find some other things to paint tomorrow.  I love playing with spray paint!
Lunch and a game of cards with Richard . . .
Weekends are great even when I am off from work.

1 comment:

  1. One can never have too much red, white and blue. You've reminded me that there's a fence I need to take a picture of before they undecorate it. And the flag and jeans bag remind me of a pair of jeans I had at about 17 that I slit up the sides to the knee and added a self-made flag to make bell bottoms. They were low rise and I wore them with a halter top - braless of course in the early 70's. And it was probably about that time that my father and uncle taught me how to play cribbage (that is a cribbage board,right?) which I've since forgotten. How cool that you guys find the time to do those things together!

    ReplyDelete