Tuesday, August 6, 2013

random stuff on shelves

Every year when we start back to work, our school district has a Business Support charge.  We usually have a motivational speaker, lunch, and they bring in vendors so we can also shop . . . so each year I buy some little thing.  There is one lady that makes very unique necklaces, but her selection wasn't as good this year. 
I did find these earring that I thought were cute.
And this bottle.  Just a bottle with a cute key . . . I could have done this myself, but there is an owl on the bottle that made it just too cool to pass up. 
You can sort of see it here.  I believe she said it was a brand of medicine, and the ones with the owls are sort of hard to find.  It will be great for Halloween - but I had to find a place for it on a shelf right away.
She used this rubber stamp on her packaging . . . love it!
So setting the bottle on a shelf . . . led me to dusting the shelf . . . which led me to another shelf . . . which led to me looking at all the things on my shelves . . . (if you give a mouse a cookie) . . . so I had to take some pictures of some of my favorite stuff.
Some of the bears that Richard has given me over the years.  My favorite ones are the baseball bears.
I have put a lot of my Boyd Bear stuff away for awhile . . . but keep some of my favorite stuff out. 
I was looking at these pictures when I dusted . . . amazing how I can see the boys.  Luke tends to look more like me, and Jake looks more like Richard . . . at least when they were small.  I love these two pictures.
I am sure I posted about this felted pumpkin head doll before.  We took up a trip up to Petaluma last year and went to Halloween and Vine 
If you like Halloween like I do it is worth going and Petaluma is wonderful.  Richard mentioned it the other day . . . so I am thinking we may go again.
My mom made this little pillow out of the shirt that Richard wore when we got married . . .
This teapot was a gift from Richard a couple of years ago . . . I like it on the shelf where it sits, but it tends to catch cranes more than tea.  I have to be better about using it.
All this posting of things that Mom gave me and stuff that I like has me thinking I have way too much stuff . . . especially when I have to dust it.  :)
Having a wonderful day!
 . . . remember to SMILE!

1 comment:

  1. We usually have a district business meeting the first day back but nothing fun like yours. I envy you your shelves. I have stuff, too much really, but not a lot of places to put it to enjoy it. At least you can enjoy yours and switch it out.

    ReplyDelete