Thursday, January 7, 2016

cake & buttons

To go along with my photo challenge for today . . . 
pineapple upside down cake was a must tonight.  Simple recipe - here.
DELICIOUS!  

I was also in the mood to play with buttons.  
I sorted out pink ones, red ones, white ones . . . thinking Valentine's day of course.
Buttons are always fun and I like how the little heart turned out. 
I used 28 gauge wire.  After just stringing the buttons on the wire the heart was a little flimsy, so I cut another piece of wire and wrapped it around the wire holding the button . . . on the back side of the heart . . . wrapping the wire 2-3 time around the wire in between each button.  (if that even makes sense).  If I make another one I will take some pictures.  

7 comments:

  1. I haven't had upside down cake in years....my Mom used to make them.....looked just like your photo.
    Love the button idea......may have to let my Gds make one for Valentines Day.
    Thanks for coming by and leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I don't make it more often . . . thinking about the upside down prompt made me think of it . . . then I couldn't not not make it. Making things with Gds is fun!

      Delete
    2. I don't know why I don't make it more often . . . thinking about the upside down prompt made me think of it . . . then I couldn't not not make it. Making things with Gds is fun!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is so funny! I came to your blog from Lorraine's and copied your list of photo prompts, and am trying to do some of them. Pineapple upside-down cake is one of the things that crossed my mind for upside-down! Yum - it does look delicious!! And waah, your lovely heart photo makes me wish I was in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks scrumptious and those buttons make a beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your button heart is so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete