Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thank you Amy!

I received a box from Amy today which included so much fun stuff. I will have to post some pics later. But for now I want to talk about the photo album she sent me. This is actually the last page which totally caught me off guard and I cry every time I read it. This is our grandmother's grave stone. She was very special to both of us and we miss her terribly. I know that she is a part of us - and even though we miss her - remembering her is a wonderful thing.
These pictures were taken last summer when Luke and I were in Iowa. Amy and I took Luke and Connor to eat at "Teluwhat". This is actually a pretty good place to eat for the little town of Osage.
This is one of my favorite pages - because of the saying - "But which is the way back to Iowa." (I should have bought these shoes.) It is better in one aspect that I do not live near Amy - or I would have taken this picture of me away from her. I need to not worry about what I look like in photos. I used to joke when the boys were little that if something happened to me, no one would remember what I looked like - because there were no pictures of me. If I didn't like them - I threw them out. Much easier these days when you can just delete them and take another one. My cousin is the best!!!!
I love the pictures we took with my parents the last day we were there. Luke had not been back to visit them in awhile - and this trip was something he will always remember.
I can't wait to take my book to work tomorrow and show everyone. I love every page. This one of Dad and Uncle Al is one of my favorites. This was taken early one morning when we went on a breakfast picnic. I love the picture of them on the bench.I probably could have scanned every page - but Luke wanted on the computer.

"A cousin is a sister you never had"

3 comments:

  1. When you look at this book think all of this "because two people fell in love". We may not have known our Grandpa but I am so thankful, as I made this book, because "two people fell in love". We are so blessed Clare, beyond belief, because look at our Moms & the Aunts we share. As much as we hear the negative, look at how much they enjoy each other, as Sisters and the talent they have.....That has all been given to us...we just need to continue to absorb it and flourish with it.
    Love You,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love Toto, on the last page?? It makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, that is like the ugliest picture of me but I put it in the book :) at lest you are in it,lookin good, so hopefully no one looks at me!!

    ReplyDelete