Tuesday, October 23, 2012

dolls and beanies

My doll bodies are stained and ready to go.  I love staining fabric with coffee . . . each one is sort of unique and I love the smell once they dry.  I just brushed strong coffee on these with a paint brush and put them in the oven at 250 for about 7 minutes to dry them.  Strange looking little doll bodies - don't you think?  So tonight - I am hoping to give them faces.
I crocheted this candy corn beanie for Charlotte last night.  (while I was watching the Cardinals get their butts kicked by the Giants) . . . not a fun game for the St. Louis fanatic who I happen to be married to.  He took it pretty well . . . I think he was happy when the game was over. 
I started another beanie for Owen . . . hopefully will get that done on my lunch break today.  I may have to make one for Lily too - just so I can get a picture of all three of them wearing them.  Next crochet project . . . more beanies for Charlotte.  Our weather has finally changed and I think she has already outgrown some of the little ones that she has. 
Last week I was frustrated because I wasn't making time to do the things I like do . . . feeling much better about that this week.  (I still wish I could somehow get a few more hours added to every day.)

2 comments:

  1. OH! I love the candy corn beanie!! So sweet! How I wish I could figure out the whole crochet thing...I seem to be an octopus! :)

    Coffe staining...never tried it! might have to give your method a try. Thank you!
    Can't wait to see your dollies!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie Annexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how clever are those candy corn beanies! Can't wait to see that picture. And also looking forward to see those dolls. You have piqued my interest.

    ReplyDelete