Tuesday, October 2, 2012

love these mushroom boxes . . .

I would not consider myself a hoarder at all -  (although my sons accuse me of being one - because they cannot understand why I keep some of the thing that I do.)  Like these cardboard containers that mushrooms now come in . . . I cannot bring myself to get rid of them for some reason.  (I do put them to use.)  If years from now Luke and Jake clean out my house and find hundreds of these stacked in the garage . . . then they can call me a hoarder.  : )  For now they have to just understand that I think these are great little boxes.
They are great for catching little bits and pieces of stuff to use in my journal. 
Origami cranes made from scraps of papers and envelopes need a place to nest.  (I can just see my son Jake's eyes roll as I am typing this . . . why keep the box? . . . why keep the cranes? . . .)  But this is from a young man who has a Wheaties box on a shelf because it has a picture of a baseball player on it.  One man's trash is another man's treasure - right? 
I also used one of these recyclable containers to start this calendar.  You write an entry for each day . . . then just move the card to the back and then add a new entry for the next year when the date rolls around again.  If you look close you can see that the entry for yesterday reads . . . Richard in a car accident on his way home from work.   Life is like that sometimes . . . (the truck seems to be in worse shape than Richard - although his back is hurting him this morning.)   Just happy it wasn't more serious.  And happy about my little recyclable boxes . . . hmm - what else can I use them for?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the calendar/journal idea! Sorry to hear about the accident, glad it wasn't more serious...these things DO happen don't they.
    I don't think you are a hoarder, in fact I see it as smart recycling, repurposing things. I keep all my styrofoam trays from meat etc. and use them as trays to keep crafty bits, or as palette for mixing paints.

    ReplyDelete