Monday, October 1, 2012

Petaluma

A day filled with a art/craft fair, shopping, eating, and sightseeing has to start out with a good breakfast.  As for me - I just went with and English muffin and a mimosa . . . (I know, not a good breakfast),  but Richard went for the works . . . eggs, spinach, ground beef, cheese,  mushrooms . . . I had a few bites and it was delicious!
Church For Sale . . . this cannot be a good thing.  It made me feel bad.
" . . .  You shall see a... a cow... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements . . .        ~ Blind Seer, O' Brother Where Art Thou
I couldn't help but think of this quote when we saw this cow.




I ordered one of these . . . It was garnished with celery, a stalk of asparagus, a green bean, 3 jumbo olives, and a lime . . . Way to go Spanky!



This has to be the cutest dog ever!!!  His name is Jack . . . Petaluma seems to be a very dog friendly community.  They were outside restaurants all over the place and you can actually bring them onto the patio/outdoor area of Lagunitas Brewing Co. 
This may be the best Italian food I have ever eaten . . .
Volpi's is a family owned restaurant that has been in business since 1925 . . . EXCELLENT!
If you are ever in Petaluma - Volpi's is a must!
I only wish we had not been so tired - and had to head home because in another hour or so there would have been an accordion player.
Another must when visiting Petaluma . . . and part of the reason why Richard so readily agreed to drive four hours to attend a Halloween art/craft fair . . . Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Great atmosphere . . . live music . . . beer samples . . . good food!
Petaluma . . . definitely hope to go back!

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely photos! Thank you for stopping by my blog, it's so nice to virtually meet you :)

    ReplyDelete