Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday randomness . . .

It's Friday!  It has been a good week . . . but I am looking forward to the weekend.  For some reason my house is a disaster.  Too much sewing - not enough cleaning I guess, but that is a good thing - right?  Just a few random pictures from my week and a little something I made for Charlotte last night. 
I found this sitting on my desk this week.  My friend Gwen was getting rid of some things and thought I would like these.  Her son had gotten them years ago when he was in Japan.  A Hello Kitty hankie and some small origami paper.  The paper is wonderful - very thin and delicate . . . it will make some beautiful cranes. 
. . . picking up Lily from school yesterday.  She looked so cute.  She had her pink beanie and gloves and a cute pink scarf - but she did not want me to take her picture for some reason.  I had to sneak this one . . . she kept looking at me like she was trying to catch me. 
Richard surprised me with a new coffee cup.  Not that I need one - but he knows that I like them.  I love the YOU. ME. on the inside.
We were up early this morning - 4:30 to be exact.  I'm not sure why I decided it was a good idea to get out of bed at 4:30 on a cold morning . . . maybe because it was Friday and I wanted to get the day started.  Since we were up early - Richard and I stopped at Panera for coffee.  Love their sign . . .
Cup it.  Stir it.  Mix it.  Sip it.
Happy Friday!
I made a toy for Charlotte last night.  I just love all the tags on baby blankets and toys.  I thought it would fun to make her something with tags.  I just cut the fabric the size that I wanted and pinned on the tags.
I decided to stitch the around the piece before putting the whole thing together.  I did this to reinforce the ribbon tags - since this is for a baby.  In fact I backstiched over the ribbons so they were actually stitched over three times here.
Then I put the pieces together.  I layed it out so there was a piece of plastic on the inside that makes a crinkly sound.  (I cut up the plastic bag that Charlotte's baby wipes come in.  Then I stitched around the edges leaving and opening to turn it right side out.
Then I stitched around the whole thing close to the edge to close the opening and reinforce the tags one more time and appliqued a heart on one side.  It actually turned out sort of cute and makes the best noise when she grabs it in her little hands.  It is perfect for her right now.  She is just starting to grab things - and she can't always get ahold of them.  All she has to do is get this in her little hand and it is easy for her hang on to - and makes noise.  She has another toy that has the plastic inside and makes the same noise - but it is an elephant and as cute as it is - the stuffed head makes it sort of hard for her to hold on to right now.
Love the tags . . .

Have a Wonderful Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment