Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rainy Sunday

I'm enjoying my last day of vacation - back to work tomorrow.  It has been great having two weeks off.  I had hoped to get more done - but that is normal for me.  The important thing is I enjoyed the time off - and as much as I love being home . . . it will be fine to go back to work tomorrow.  It helps that I like my job and love the people I work with.  It is cold and rainy here today.  I have a pot of chili on the stove and enjoying the coziness of being inside crocheting, sewing, and cooking.
A couple of more things my mom sent to me.  This is her first communion dress . . .



. . . and this linen sewing bag that I have always loved.  I am not sure where it came from - but mom always had it hanging somewhere in her sewing room.  It might be fun to make some of these.
I have been shabbying up doll bodies.  When I pull them out of the oven . . . I always think of tanning beds.  I was diagnosed with melanoma last year (I was extremely lucky - my dermatologist caught it early).  I wish I had know more about melanoma before that. . . I would have NEVER used a tanning bed.  I didn't use them very often - usually about one month out of the year.  If you know someone who tans in a tanning bed - please tell them to stop.  If they don't take you serious . . . then read up on melanoma, pass on the information, and scare the shit out of them.  OK . . . that's my little anti-tanning blurb . . . but please - take it serious.
I am taking my shabby little doll bodies and have some ideas for Valentine dolls, maybe a hippy doll, and I really want to make some more zombies.  I also think that one of them needs gray hair . . . with all those ideas in my head . . . I wish I wasn't going back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment