Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Birdhouses and Vegetables

Richard and my dad made these birdhouses for me years ago when we were back in Iowa visiting.  I like how they look over my garden beds.  I think of Dad when I look at them and I can just picture him in his garden or in his shop.  Thinking about it - they had to have made these at least 20 years ago.  They are a little weathered and worn - but I love that look. 
The tomatoes and cucumbers are growing like crazy . . . still not getting much off of them, but plenty of blossoms and green tomatoes - so they're coming.  The zucchini plants are starting to get out of control like they do every year and we are eating zucchini and yellow squash nearly everyday.  I still haven't made zucchini fritters - definitely this weekend.  There are so many things I love about summer - this little corner of my yard is one of my favorite things this time of year. 

1 comment:

  1. Our garden is out of control. Can't even tell you what's going on up there and that saddens me, but I do love your little birdhouses. They may look worn for the ages, but they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete