Saturday, June 1, 2013

This and That

I have a good friend that had a baby last week.  Baby Aleena was born at 25 weeks . . . and is doing great.  The nurses describe her as strong and feisty . . . prayers for Aleena Marie.  I keep looking at the size of her little footprints in awe.  I am hoping to get to go see her tomorrow.
Richard and I went to dinner last night and happened upon a new little vintage shop next to the restaurant we went to.  What a great little place - definitely going back when I have more time.  I found this little heart charm that I thought I could use on a Shabby Charlotte doll.
This little wood ornament is only about an inch tall - also will probably use for one of my dolls.
For some reason these vintage appetizer skewers had to come home with me too. . . . I loved the colors and also think I can use them with my dolls.  I think the lady wondered why I would want them . . . sold them to me for next to nothing. 
I am picturing a very festive, summery Shabby Charlotte . . .
I guess this was the top spike on an iron fence.  It is quite heavy.  I am not sure exactly how I will use this . . . but loved the worn rusty look and the combination of rust and the pink on it. 
I did get around to cutting down another pair of bandannas that I had to make some smaller pants for Charlotte.  I am anxious to see how they fit and how they look on her. 
Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. What tiny little footprints! I'll keep her in my prayers. Looks like you found some great little treasures. And those bandanna pants are so cool. Looking forward to seeing Charlotte in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to see the baby today . . . absolutely amazing how tiny she is and how they take care of her. So small and so perfect. Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete