Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tonight . . .

Just for today . . .

Outside my window . . . It is dark and I can feel the breeze blowing through the window.  I was just outside and watered the garden . . . it is a beautiful summer evening! 
I am thinking . . . drinking coffee this late at night was not a good idea, but then I love being up half the night.
I am thankful for . . . a job that allows me to have summers off from work. 
From the kitchen . . . Dinner was baked potatoes, fresh green beans, and the one large ripe tomato from the garden. 
I am wearing . . . my favorite cut-off shorts and a blue t-shirt with peace signs all over the front of it.  (PEACE . . . LOVE . . . SUMMER!)
I am creating . . . a big mess (I brought a lot of work home with me . . . it is everywhere.)  I am also working on some doll bodies. 
I am going . . . to try to spend more time this summer doing what I want to do rather than what I have to do.  I also plan on enjoying life while I do the things I have to do. 
I am reading . . . "The Paris Wife" - by Paula McLain. It is about the love affair between Ernest Hemingway and his wife Hadley.
I am hoping . . . to get up early and go for a walk/run.  But then I have had some coffee - it may not be all that early.
I am hearing . . . the sound of my husband snoring.  lol . . . I guess I have gotten used to that over the years - most of the time I don't even notice.
Around the house . . . all is quiet.  Sadie is curled up asleep next to the bed. 
One of my favorite things . . . is the cathedral window quilt that my grandma made.  Each piece is a different fabric.  I have it on the foot of my bed.  It is beautiful.
A few plans for the rest of the week . . . and the weekend . . . play some tennis, finish a couple of dolls and celebrate Father's Day with my family.
From my picture journal . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment