Wednesday, June 5, 2013

lace and inspiration . . .

Another stop at an antique store before my hair appointment . . . my hairdresser moving to this shop is either a blessing or a curse.  I love the antique stores so close, but I end up spending more money than just on my hair . . . no worries.  :) 
This time what I found actually didn't cost all that much - some wonderful vintage lace to use on my dolls . . .
. . . and this wonderful little rhinestone dragonfly pin.
I have another special order for a Disney doll.  The lady that I am making it for brought me some items that I can possibly use for her doll.  I have a picture in my head what I want this doll to look like - with these items being the inspiration. 
  It is the last week of school - so work is CRAZY busy . . . I am having a little trouble finding time to sew or do much of anything other than work.  I hate that . . . but with the last week of school comes summer vacation and finally some extra time to do the things I like to do. 

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Sounds like a blessing to me. I'm jealous that you have the summer off and I sympathize with what you're going through during the last week of school. We still have 13 more school days, but who's counting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13 more! . . . that makes me feel bad for you. I still have a couple more weeks to work - so I'm not really out of her yet. Our campus in undergoing some serious remodeling - so teacher have to be out of here on Friday. That should make the next couple of weeks quiet and we may even be able to get some work done. So you work all summer?

      Delete