Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday already . . .

Where has this week gone?  It seems like one day as run into the next - normal feeling when I am so busy.  I can't believe it is Thursday.  Let's see - after swimming yesterday I took Charlotte for a walk.  A little special time with Grandma is always a good thing.
After our walk we watered the garden.  My tomato plants have gotten so big.  I've gotten only two tomatoes so far - but there are a ton of green ones . . . so they are coming. 
The zucchini and yellow squash plants are still sort of small, but we have had a few to eat already.  I have three different types of hot peppers - one of them isn't doing so well, but the same thing happened last year and all of a sudden the plant took off and we ended up with some HOT peppers.  I also have cucumbers . . . still waiting on those.  I'm thinking that zucchini fritters sound good - I may have to make them tonight.
Richard was off work today and surprised me by bringing breakfast to the office . . . complete with monkey plates and sriracha sauce.  Probably a good thing that he did.  It is my last day here and I probably won't stop to eat . . . in fact I better get busy.   
 
“I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.”
                                    ― Leo F. Buscaglia

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful treat! Zucchini fritters sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete