Friday, September 20, 2013

Flashback Friday . . .

This is one of my favorite photos of my sons . . . taken years ago when we were visiting my family in Iowa.  They had gone fishing with Richard and my Dad.  I don't remember which one of them actually caught this fish, but they seem happy to share in the glory of catching it.  It was simply a big old carp - so we couldn't eat it . . . they also got quite a kick out of Grandpa Pete burying it in his garden. 
They are now 31 and 26 years old . . . but I still keep this picture on my desk.  I love their innocence and excitement . . . how they got along . . . knowing this day was spent with my dad.  I love Luke's hat (which he never went without) and Jake's haircut . . . . I love the smiles on their faces.  I don't think they understand now as young men that I can still look at them and see these two young boys . . .

My Son
Watching you grow has been the delight of my life. I look at you and wonder what dreams you will dream, what mountains you will climb, what joys you will have. I know there will be tears and struggles as well, but my prayer is that you will grow into the man you are meant to be.
                                                                               ~ Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment